- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts
- 2 oz. balsamic glaze
- 2-3 Tb olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion julienne
- ½ lb. of Bacon cut in ½ inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Prepare the brussel sprouts by trimming off the bottom and picking off any leaves that need to be removed. Then quarter or halve the brussel sprouts depending on their size.
3. Heat a large oven safe sauté pan to medium heat. Add a bit of vegetable oil, add bacon. Cook bacon stirring often until fat has rendered and bacon is crisp. Strain the fat off the bacon and set crispy bacon bits aside.
4. Pour a Tb of rendered bacon fat back into warm pan. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté the onions, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan to get the good bacon flavor off the pan. Once the onions are starting to brown add brussel sprouts to pan, toss well with the onions.
5. Drizzle a tsp or two of the balsamic glaze onto the brussel sprouts and toss to coat. Place the pan directly into a 375 F oven. And cook until brussel sprouts are just tender and starting to brown a bit. If your pan is getting a bit too dark from the balsamic and onions, you can add a few Tb. Of water to “deglaze” but all liquid should be cooked out if added.
6. Place directly in serving dish and top with crispy bacon pieces and drizzle with a more of the balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Chef’s note: If you have any dietary restrictions in your house you can certainly omit the bacon and they will still be delicious!