Chef Beth’s take on the classic Thai Appetizer – pair with Thai Green Lentil Curry Soup for a Far East take on soup and salad!
- 1 package Chicken (ground, thighs, or tenders)
- 1-pint Carolina Flavors Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 Bibb lettuce
1. If using thighs or tendders, cut chicken in 2-inch pieces and toss with ½ C Thai peanut sauce. Set aside to marinate while you cut the veggies.2. Wash peppers, green onion and carrots well. Cut peppers in fine julienne (long thin strips). Peel Carrot and cut on the bias 1/8 inch thick. Then lay the slice flat and cut into fine julienne strips. Trim ends off green onion and cut on the bias in a thin slice. Mix all veggies together in a bowl and coat with ½ c-3/4 C of Thai peanut sauce, set aside.
3. If using thighs or tenders, you can either skewer and grill or just sauté in a nice hot pan until cooked through. If using ground chicken, brown in a bit of vegetable oil until cooked through. For both methods, once chicken is cooked through and nicely browned, toss with a bit more Thai peanut sauce and serve with julienne vegetables, washed lettuce cups and any remaining sauce.
4. Build lettuce wraps by adding chicken, a bit of vegetables and a drizzle of sauce and enjoy!