Stay at home for date night with Chef Beth’s recipe for perfectly seared New York strip, served with a red wine compound butter.
- 1 strip steak or steak of choice
- Salt and pepper
- Red wine compound butter
- Heat a Cast iron skillet on High heat. Preheat oven 425℉
- Remove steak from packaging and season liberally with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Carefully place steak in a hot skillet. You don’t need to add any oil to the pan. Steak should sizzle a lot. Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes on each side or until you have a nice brown sear on both sides.
- Place in the oven and continue to cook until desired internal temperature is reached.
- For Medium rare it usually only takes 7-10 minutes in the oven. As soon as it has come out of the oven top with a ¼ inch slice of compound butter.
- Remove from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. If butter hasn’t melted enough to your liking you can pop steak back in the oven for a moment to melt the butter.
Pair with your favorite sides and enjoy!