- 1lb beets
- 1 log Siano Mozzarella
- 2-4 Tb.CF Basil citrus vinaigrette.
- 1 oz. CF toasted pistachios
- 2 satsuma oranges, segmented
- Wash and trim any tops, or long root ends on the beets. leave whole.
- To roast beets, place whole beets in a shallow baking dish, add 1-2 inches of water (about half way up the beets), drizzle with blended oil, season with salt and pepper. The beets will not be covered in water, the water just helps steam the beets while roasting. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place in oven and roast from 40 minutes to one hour or until knife tender, depending on the size of the beets it may take more or less time. Once beets are cooked, carefully remove from dish and let cool to room temperature. Using GLOVED hands and an old dish towel gently rub the skin off the cooked beets. Skin should come right off and you have a beautifully roasted beet. You can trim off the root and tops end and cut in slices or wedges depending on your preference.
- Toss sliced beets in a few TB of Basil Citrus Vinaigrette and set aside.
- Slice Mozzarella in similar thickness as the beets.
- On Serving dish, layer the beets and mozzarella alternating in a shingled pattern. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add orange segments on top and around. Drizzle with a bit more citrus vinaigrette and top with toasted pistachios.