Purple potatoes are blanched, then smashed and roasted until crispy, then paired with baked feta roasted with grape tomatoes in this vegetarian main is perfect for Meatless Monday dinner!
Ingredients for Potatoes
- Purple Potatoes
- Olive Oil or Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cook potatoes: Bring a pot of water to the boil, add 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until soft – small ones should take around 20 to 25 minutes, medium ones might take 30 minutes. It’s ok if the skin splits.
3. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then dunp out on sheet tray.
4. Let cool 5 minutes or so.
5. Using a spatula or a large fork smash the cooked potatoes until flattened, keeping them in one piece. Thinner= crisper. Thicker = fluffier insides.
6. Drizzle potatoes with 1 Tb of olive oil and 2 Tb of melted butter. Make sure they are in an even layer, season with salt and pepper and roast in oven until nicely browned and crispy all over. No need to flip.
Ingredients for Baked Feta
- 1 block feta cheese
- 1-2 clove garlic minced
- 1 package spinach
- 1 package grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
In a baking dish add spinach, to bottom, place feta on top of spinach, add washed and halved cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with a few Tb. Of olive oil, sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, dried oregano. Bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes or until cheese and tomatoes are soft. Once cheese is soft and melted stir together with spinach tomatoes and herbs. Serve with crispy purple potatoes and roasted broccoli.