Comfort food, a la Chef Beth! This easy winter supper starts with Carolina Flavors Cream of Mushroom soup – perfect for a snow day!
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs
- 1 pint cream of mushroom soup, defrosted
- 1 c milk or chicken stock
- 1 onion, sliced thin
1. Season Chicken thighs with salt and pepper. heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add a few TB of vegetable oil. sear chicken on both sides, making sure it browns nicely. Once browned on all sides remove from pan and set aside on plate. add onions to pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cream of mushroom and chicken stock. bring to a simmer.
4. Add chicken thighs back into sauce. cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 160F
5. Once chicken is cooked remove from sauce and if necessary increase heat and bring sauce to a harder simmer to reduce sauce down to desired consistency.
Serve with Blanched Green Beans and enjoy!
Chef Tip how to prepare green beans.
Heat 4 qt pot of water to a boil and season liberally with kosher salt. Snap ends of beans to remove stems as needed. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl with about a quart of ice and water.
Place green beans directly into boiling water and blanche for 1 minute. Remove and place directly into ice bath to shock the vegetables. This immediately stops the cooking and gives you a nice vibrant green color on your vegetable. I like to have these just in the fridge to snack on.
Once beans are blanched you can store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat add ¼-1/2 C of water and a few TB of butter in a large sauté pan. Bring to a simmer add green beans and season
With salt and pepper. Toss the green beans in water/butter mixture and cook until water has evaporated and butter has left a nice coating on beans. Remember they are already cooked, you just need to warm through.