Lightly breaded and tender-fried boneless chicken breasts are the show-stopping center of this dish. Finish it off with the homemade goodness of Carolina Flavors marinara sauce.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 quart of Carolina Flavors Marinara Sauce
- 1 package of Siano Mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 C Flour
- 3 C Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1 Tb onion powder
- 1 Tb dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Set up a breading station. Add flour to a shallow dish or plate, season with garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Add eggs to a second shallow bowl and beat with a whisk or fork until they are well beaten. Finally, add Italian breadcrumbs to a third shallow dish or plate.
- Working with one dry and one wet hand. Bread your chicken breasts. First dredge in the seasoned flour mixture. Next into the egg wash, and finally into the seasoned breadcrumbs. Then set on a waiting tray or plate. Repeat until all chicken is breaded.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add a few TB of olive oil/vegetable oil to your pan. Add chicken to the pan, being sure not to over crowd, working in batches if necessary. We want to brown the chicken on all sides until nicely golden brown.
- Once chicken is browned and partially cooked, Add to a 9×13 baking dish. Place in oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove pan from oven. Top with desired amount of marinara sauce and slices of Mozzarella cheese. Return pan to oven for another 10 minutes to heat sauce and melt the cheese.
Serve with pasta of your choice and extra marinara!