Start your New Year off right with this vegan breakfast hash so yummy you won’t miss the meat!
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes, washed and small diced?*
- 1 red onion small dice
- 1 green pepper small dice
- 2 tbs canola oil
- salt & pepper
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil
2. Add diced potatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes. Potatoes will still have a bit of bite, but that is ok! DO NOT over cook, or you will have mushy hash.
3. Strain potatoes and let cool to room temperature on a sheet tray.
4. Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add oil, saute onions and peppers 2 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. Add in the cooled, drained potatoes, toss to combine. Continue to cook until potatoes are fully cooked and browned, to your liking. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Chef Pro Tip: if you want to have everything ready beforehand for quick prep go ahead and cut your potatoes the day before, just store them covered in water so they don’t oxidize. Or you can even do steps 1-3 the day before for an even quicker pick up the next day!