Chef Beth’s twist on a Game Day fave!
- 1.7 # pack of Chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder *aluminum free
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Wing sauce of choice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with non-stick pan spray.
- Remove wings from packaging and pat dry very well with a paper towel.*
- Mix seasoning together in a small bowl with baking powder. Place dried wings in a bowl and toss with spice mixture until lightly coated. You may not need all the spice mix.
- Arrange wings, skin side up, in a single layer on the prepared wire rack.
Bake, turning every 20 minutes until wings are crispy, browned, and cooked through. . The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take up to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer wings to bowl and toss with sauce.
Chef Pro Tip: For an extra crispy wing lay wings out on a prepared baking sheet with a rack and place back in the fridge uncovered for 4-6 hours or overnight. This will allow them to dry well and help create extra crisp.