A message from Courtney, TPB Founder & CEO
Wow! 10 years! Can you tell we’re so excited to be celebrating our 10th year making
fresh local produce deliveries to you and your family? We have come a long way since we started deliveries out of my garage with the help of just one farmer, y’all. Here’s some funny memories that pop into my head from those early days:
- When we started we only had three box choices – the A, B or C Box! All the same size!
- How many of your remember TAPING A CHECK to the inside of your Box??? That was our sophisticated payment system!
- What about our VERY first non-produce item you could add to your Box… Lily’s Maple Butter!
And then today…
- We deliver to more than 10,000 families across the state from Charlotte to Wilmington!
- We buy more than 2 MILLION pounds of local North Carolina produce from over 70 small to large farmers.
- Almost 250 stay-at-home moms (and dads!) help deliver those delicious Boxes!
- Our members helped us donated almost 1000 Boxes worth of fresh fruits & veggies to local heroes like firemen, policemen and kids in need in our NC communities.